John Saylor is the Chair of the District Export Council of Virginia and Washington, D.C.
The Canary Islands may not be huge in geography, but they are becoming an economic force in West Africa.
Located just 62 miles off the coast of West Africa while providing all the infrastructures, services, and advantages that Europe has to offer, the Canaries are an ideal location for operational centers:
- Top logistic services and maritime connectivity with more than 40 ports in Africa
- A competitive local labor market
- Maximum guarantee of legal security and transparent fiscal regulations from a fully integrated EU legal system
- A 4 percent corporate tax regime and multiple tax exemptions in indirect taxation
Why should your business export to West Africa?
At more than 5 percent GDP, West Africa had the strongest economic growth of the continent in 2014. This rapid growth is generating opportunities and prosperity in all industry sectors.
The Trade Mission to the Canary Islands & Africagua will help your firm access West African markets, find regional business partners, and highlight the advantages of setting up an operation in this booming hub.
The mission will include:
- Expert briefings by U.S. Commercial Service and regional government officials about the opportunities and challenges of the region and advantages of setting up an operation in the Canary Islands
- B2B business appointments with pre‐screened potential partners
- Technical site visits in the islands of Gran Canaria and Tenerife
- Exclusive networking receptions with local industry and government leaders
- Optional participation in the Africagua Conference (island of Fuerteventura) for renewable energy and water sector firms to meet with Ministers and other government decision‐makers from 6 West African countries
To find your next customers and grow your business, join the Trade Mission to the Canary Islands & Africagua on November 16 – 20, 2015. I hope you’ll join us on this mission.